Senior Systems Engineer needed for our government client in Glen Burnie. The Engineer will support a hyper-converged Nutanix environment for multiple locations. Two year contract position.
- Monitors system configuration, performance, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Maintains environment with appropriate access, security, availability, performance, capacity, and backups to ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance for mission critical resources.
- Completes end user maintenance as needed including patch management and installation.
- Enforces policies and procedures for server system security including server system password maintenance, rights and profile maintenance.
- Installs server infrastructure and applications utilizing best practice methodologies.
- Technical experience with Nutanix, application virtualization, enterprise, and/or server technologies.
- Hands-on, and does what it takes attitude to drive success
- Team player with strong drive.
- VMware and Unix/Linux experience.
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and locations.