Senior Python Developers needed for our federal government contractors in the Fort Meade area. The Senior Python Developers will perform real time operations portal for the customer. Top Secret Clearance with Full Scope Polygraph is required. Direct hire. Client offers PTO, health/dental insurance, gym membership, holiday pay, 401K, quarterly bonuses and technology allowances.
- Work with the business team to get clarification on business requirements and then implement solutions including code development and database design.
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests.
- Coordinate work with external teams to ensure a smooth development process.
Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues.
- Object Oriented Programming, preferably experience in Python.
- Web development in an MVC (Model, View, Controller) framework, preferably Django, preferably working with Oracle
- Two-way SSL/PKI-authentication both configuration and usage, preferably with openssl Web Services, preferably RESTful.
- Familiarity with security frameworks, preferably Spring Security Familiarity with Object Relational Mappers (ORMs), preferably Ebean.
- System Administration at least as far as setting up a web and app server behind 2-way SSL, configuring and troubleshooting.
- Use of Cloud resources, such as Linux VMs accessed through SSH, as well as managing file systems/disk space
- ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) insofar as processing analytics and storing the results, preferably in Pentaho Software Development Lifecycle knowledge and documenting, insofar as use of a unified tracker, wiki and git repository, GitLab ideally
- Knowledge of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and other languages that run in the JVM (notably Scala)
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Data Science libraries, preferably in Python or Java