Resident Assistants needed for our education client in Baltimore City. The Resident Assistants will understand and uphold all resident hall rules and policies for students in a front desk reception capacity. The work schedule is Friday and Saturday nights from 12am to 8am.
- Utilize an educational approach to address students about policies, as well as the impacts of their behavior.
- Address all policy violations immediately and consistently.
- Maintain consistency and fairness when dealing with all students in the building.
- Document student concerns and notify supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Seek support and guidance from supervisor during and after difficult situations.
- Execute administrative functions of the position so that colleagues and students can maximize their ability to benefit from the living-learning environment created. This includes completing all required paperwork when entering and exiting the hall, obtaining photo id of guests, prompting posting signs, updating the bulletin boards and contacting security with any concerns.
- Encourage and role model interaction with Housekeeping and Maintenance staff.
- Assist in opening and closing residence halls at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Experience in a front desk reception environment.
- Experience in a education environment preferred.
- High School Diploma with some additional college coursework or degree.
- Basic keyboarding skills.