Procurement Associates needed for our government clients throughout Central Maryland. Procurement Clerks will be assisting with contract preparation, documentation and verification.
- Gather product and price data for procurement negotiations;
- Learns record-keeping procedures and ensures compliance with procurement and contract laws
- and regulations;
- Assemble Request for Quotation (RFQ), Invitation for Bids (IFB), and Requests for
- Proposals (RFP) for the Procurement Officer’s review;
- Types lengthy and detail related contracts, such as construction, personal services, and
- maintenance services;
- Prepares contract documents in accordance with established format and procedures;
- Prepares addenda for advertised projects to notify potential bidders of changes in projects and
- Develops and maintains automated and manual record keeping systems for procurement records,
- contract correspondence and associated reports;
- Develops and maintains procurement vendor databases; creates bidder lists from the database
- and updates vendor profiles;
- Prepares correspondence or completes form letters notifying contractors of bid awards;
- Prepares bids/proposal packages in standardized format for prospective bidders;
- Updates notices on bid board and bid hot-line to advise prospective bidders with current
- Coordinates the printing and distribution of contract documents and ensures the contract package
- is correct and complete;
- Answers inquiries from contractors, vendors, suppliers and other interested parties regarding
- projects, contract documents, and schedules;
- Verifies contractor Certificates of Insurance for compliance with contract requirements;
- Verifies Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) submittal participation;
- Gathers product and price data for procurement negotiations;
- Ensures recording-keeping procedures are conducted in compliance with procurement and
- contract laws and regulations;
- Determines advertising requirements for procurement solicitation and contract award;
- Prepares procurement department activities reports;
- Receives and directs calls and office visitors;
- Knowledge of elementary math, such as adding and subtracting costs and figuring percentages;
- High School Diploma.
- Two or more years of clerical experience.
- Prior experience working in a procurement office is beneficial.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed directions and procedures;
- Ability to develop computerized databases;
- Ability to prepare reports and communications;
- Ability to establish and meet timetables and deadlines to ensure the availability of all necessary
- contract documents;
- Ability to communicate effectively with professional, technical, and clerical personnel inside and
- outside the agency.