Office Manager needed for our financial services client in Downtown Baltimore. The Office Manager will supervise 12 Administrative staff members, oversee a general office administration and provide back up support to the Administrative staff. Contract to hire or Direct Hire.
- Attend staff and strategic meetings and take minutes.
- Work closely with the management team on special initiatives.
- Manage/monitor all office action items (staff meeting/ strategic planning/personnel meeting).
- Draft Legislative Letters for signature by the President.
- Monitor the “Deals pending closing” tickler sheet.
- Monitor the document deficiency reporting for all funds.
- Foster working relationship with staff and attorneys.
- Maintain Board/Investment committee roster and appointment terms.
- Draft letters for term renewals and new appointments.
- Draft new member orientation correspondence and packages.
- Manage/Oversee/Update daily policies and procedures including loan processing procedures.
- Organize and coordinate work flow, resolve resource, and work priority conflicts.
- Maintain the President’s appointment schedule.
- Manage the President’s correspondence and draft for signature.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Conference/Marketing event registrations.
- Report and maintain leave and attendance schedule.
- Supervise administrative staff to foster team building, provide conflict resolution, coach and mentoring, identify training and conduct performance reviews and evaluations.
- Excellent office support and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner, often under severe time pressure.
- Supervisory or Executive Assistant experience (train, mentor, coach, performance evaluation).
- Ability to provide support and communicate with high level management and officials.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, including ability to draft or proofread a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Financial service, banking, accounting industry experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Quickbooks and Microsoft Outlook.
- Typing speed of at least 60 wpm.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to deal tactfully with colleagues, clients, board members, officials, etc.
- High level of professionalism: appearance, demeanor, and integrity.
- Ability to research information via the Internet and other sources as required.
- Willingness and flexibility to work overtime, if required.