IT Business Analysts needed for our education client in Eastern Baltimore County. The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying problems, needs and opportunities for improvement to help the organization achieve it’s goals. The Analyst will be working with stakeholders and business people to communicate the vision for projects, mapping out initial requirements and designing new systems. These are long term contract positions.
- Analyze the business processes, procedures and organization structure in order to identify problems and determine solutions.
- Solve operational and business process problems and refine the business model.
- Determine how to improve existing business processes. Determine which tasks/steps to take to automate. Design the features of IT system and create functional specifications. Implement new features of the IT system.
- Interact with the business organization representatives, including executive management, to understand the business process and the needs of the business.
- Gather business requirements from identified project stakeholders identifying potential solutions to the problems posed by the business needs and requirements.
- Translate the business requirements into functional requirements.
- Create functional specifications for new systems which solve the given business problems.
- Present solutions to business stakeholders and facilitate the iterative refinement of the system requirements.
- Work with the development team to make sure the functional specifications are unambiguous.
- Create test scenarios to verify the system.
- Help scope projects and write use cases and system/technical specifications.
- Document solutions, create documents and diagrams of the new system which specify system-user interactions, describing how data should flow through the system, and list the logical operations the new system must perform.Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Computer Science, Communications or a related field. Plus three years of experience as a business analyst or closely related experience in the analysis of information technology organizations and systems.
- Experience in a education setting strongly preferred.Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining computer information systems. Thorough knowledge of processes, methods, and techniques utilized to analyze and evaluate business operations. Thorough knowledge of personal computer, Microsoft Office suite of tools including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project. Knowledge of programming concepts and the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Fluent language skills and written communication ability.
- Outstanding analytical skills in order to properly interpret business processes and translate into application and operational requirements. Analyze data, documents, user input surveys and workflow to determine which course of action will correct the business problem.
- Ability to create workable solutions to business problems.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between developers and users, clients and companies, and management and IT.