Information Technology Support Specialist needed for our education client in Washington, DC. Information Technology Support Specialist will be helping faculty and staff use technology efficiently. This is a 12 month contract position.
- Computing hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, printers), software and AV equipment.
- Network cabling.
- Troubleshooting and correcting problems that our community members encounter when using technology.
- Training our community in the effective use of the technologies we provide.
- Updating the status of trouble tickets in our help desk system and keeping accurate records of technology inventory.
- Actively participate in improving the services offered by the Technology Services Team.
- Assisting with new technology investigations, writing and updating service documentation, proposing and implementing process improvements and working collaboratively with the Academic Technology Coordinators in each division.
- Manage and update student accounts, school website and social media outlets for both schools.
- Create and update the controlled inventory assets for all technology equipment.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience providing IT support, preferably in an academic environment and excellent organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical breadth and depth in supporting Apple, Chrome Book and other devices used throughout the school environment.
- A+ or MCSE certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, G-Suite and other software used in the school environment.