Information Technology Project Managers needed for our education clients in Baltimore County. IT Project Managers will be responsible for large system deployments, hardware installations and technical service support. These are direct hire opportunities.
- Coordinates and guides projects throughout their project lifecycle, including systems and processes design. Ensures that projects are completed in accordance with established deadlines, budgets, and standards. Prepares appropriate project and support documentation at project completion. Builds relationships with technical staff, management and end users to determine and resolve issues with systems implementation.
- Works alongside subject matter experts and business owners to gather business requirements, change management and participate in development and implementation of new solutions or enhancements to existing systems.
- Drives the formulation of business and testing requirements. Be able to conduct a dialog with internal customers in business terms and language, represent and explain IT’s position and translate back into IT requirements.
- Generates and compiles documentation for business processes and operational procedures. Makes recommendations and requirements for improvements.
- Supervises a team of Installers or Technicians.
Work with individual schools and the corporate office to manage assigned work order tickets, SLA’s and call tracking systems.
Good understanding of technology to include Windows, Virtualization, deployments, VOIP, Disaster Recovery, Servers.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by identifying and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develops strategies for improvements.
- Produces project documentation and artifacts as well as standard Project Management reporting.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Computer Science, Communications or a related field.
- Four or more years of experience as a Project Manager along with hands on support in the Information Technology industry.
- PMP certification preferred or the ability to obtain certification within the first 3 months of employment.
- Thorough knowledge of processes, methods and techniques utilized to analyze and evaluate business operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project. Knowledge of programming concepts and the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to communicate effectively.