Computer Information Services Specialist needed for our government client in Downtown Baltimore. The Specialist will troubleshoot hardware problems on computers, laptops and printers. This is a 1 year contract position.
- Troubleshoot desktop commercial-of-the-shelf software problems (MS Office, Outlook, Adobe, Projectwise, eGIS).
- Troubleshoot applications problems.
- Review and test new versions of desktop Operating Systems, desktop software, and applications.
- Load/upgrade software on desktop computers.
- Deploy standard software configurations on new computers.
- Deploy and install new computer related equipment.
- Follow established fixed asset procedures for updating location information for appropriate computer moves.
- Ensure that routine security patch management of laptops and computers are completed.
- Pick up and distribute of hardware and software.
- Prepare, justify, and submit Hardware/Software Request Form for new requests.
- Support remote access users (teleworkers, field personnel, contractors).
- Request service tickets through the Service Desk to manage user accounts and data storage needs.
- Follow established process for condemnation of IT Equipment (paperwork, wiping pcs/laptops, hard drive removal).
- Telecommunications coordination.
- Webpage development.
- Assist with various reports and newsletters.
- A+, Security+ or MCSE certification required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science may be substituted for certification.
- At least two years providing hardware support in a Windows environment.
- Good communication skills.