Part Time Human Resources Generalist opening with our information technology solutions client in Columbia, MD. The Generalist provide orientation, on boarding and benefits administration support. Work schedule is Monday through Friday between 20-30 hours a week. Contract position for 6-12 months.
- Respond to employee inquiries in a professional, timely and compassionate manner.
- Administer new hire paperwork.
- Provides support during annual open enrollment event, works with other team members to ensure changes are correctly communicated to various vendors
- Attend weekly orientations for new hires in Northern Virginia.
- Monitor vendor file feeds and correct any deficiencies in HRIS/Vendor websites.
- Responsible for the maintenance of employee benefit files, ensuring all required support documentation is received and filed neatly and in established order.
- Work with employees, vendors and benefit specialist to resolve claim issues
- Maintain departmental procedures on health & welfare administration
- Provide back-up to department as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and 2 to 5 years of related benefits and HRIS experience or equivalent administration experience.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish work under moderate to limited supervision.
- Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and HRIS Systems.
- General understanding of concepts, practices and procedures involved in administering employee benefits (e.g., ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.)