Administrative Assistant opportunities available with our education clients throughout Central Maryland. The Administrative Assistants will be providing a variety of secretarial duties supporting various Departments.
- Types manuscripts, correspondence, statements, tables and forms from corrected copy, rough draft or oral detailed instructions.
- Types and formats materials using Microsoft Word.
- Maintains important or confidential records, employee’s work schedule records, expense accounts and office supplies.
- Compiles correspondence dealing with routine and sometimes complex matters.
- Opens, sorts and reads correspondence, proofreads and signs outgoing letters.
- Prepares expense accounts or statistical records and reports.
- Reviews correspondence for supervisor’s noting format, grammar and completeness.
- Maintains confidential personal correspondence files and other records and report files.
- Examines, checks and verifies complex reports and correspondence for the supervisor’s signature for completeness, propriety, adequacy and accuracy.
- Completes special forms and summaries at the request of the supervisor, frequently checking against a variety of records.
- Transcribe dictation from a transcribing machine, speed writing or stenotype notes and types from copy material.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm.
- Ability to compose to correspondence.
- Two or more years of current clerical/administrative experience.