Claims Adjusters needed for our insurance client in Towson. Claims Adjusters will be independently investigate, evaluate, negotiate, settle and adjust claims in accordance with Maryland Worker’s Compensation Law. Long term contract or possibly contract to hire.
- Independently investigate assigned claims, following sound claims handling techniques in accordance with company claim philosophy and in accordance with the Maryland Compensation Law.
- With limited assistance from unit supervisor, reviews all relevant data, evaluates claims, determines coverage and compensation and negotiates within settlement authority.
- Documents files with necessary reports, investigate notes and other data. Keeps unit supervisor advised on status of problem claims.
- Prepares files for hearing, develops defense of issues, identifies witnesses and makes decisions regarding appeals.
- Attends hearings, mediations, settlement conferences, pre-trial hearings and fraud trials.
- Provides superior service to policyholders, agents and the claims public. Complies with standards for services and prompt contact. Keep Agents and Policyholders informed of claim status.
- Manages personal caseload effectively in accordance with claims standards.
- Bachelors Degree and at least two years of claims processing experience.
- Three years of worker’s compensation claims adjusting.
- Knowledge of claims basics including laws, reserving, investigation, calculation of benefits, case management, fraud, subrogation.
- Basic keyboarding skills.