Accounts Payable Processors needed for our government client in Baltimore City. Accounts Payable Processors will be compiling and assembling financial reports. Possible contract to hire.
- May perform a wide range of specialized work in areas such as cash receipts, bad checks, analysis, adjustments, deductions, direct deposits, file maintenance, gross-to-net controls and banking and exception.
- Allocates costs to a variety of accounts according to established procedures.
- Examines accounts and records for compliance with accounting procedures and makes necessary adjustments.
- Provides guidance and work direction to office support staff.
- May perform calculations to determine wage garnishments, Federal and State taxes, liens, child support, union dues, health benefits and other deductions to be subtracted from an employee biweekly salary.
- May calculate salaries for employees working in out-of-title pay status.
- Contacts vendors, departmental personnel, grant recipients and others to obtain and provide information and resolve disagreements.
- Monitors accounts and notifies agency personnel of over expenditures.
- Reviews bookkeeping and accounting procedures and recommends modifications.
- Reconciles and maintains payroll files, records, ledgers and journals.
- Knowledge of standard payroll practices, systems, terminology and procedures.
- Skill in performing data evaluation, analysis calculation and processing.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain a wide variety of accounts.
- Ability to deal courteously with other employees and the public.
- Ability to conduct research and to resolve inquiries and problems.
- High School diploma with 1 year of experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 months of experience.