Customer Service Agents needed for our government client in Towson, MD. Agents will support call taking and dispatch duties center for various residential services. Contract to hire positions.
- Receives and evaluates calls from internal and external customers requesting information on services, procedures, activities, resources, and programs.
- Assesses nature or urgency of the issue; determines and establishes priority of call; resolves the issue or escalates and/or transfers call to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Identifies the type of service being requested by listening, asking relevant questions, evaluating information obtained, and determining services available to successfully handle the request.
- Creates or researches customer information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system; records information on all customer inquiries or problems; provides updates.
- Follows system and department-specific procedures to create service requests and work orders.
- Dispatches calls in accordance with established procedures and policies using a computerized dispatch system, including determining priority of calls and contacting and sending appropriate response unit.
- Works with Language Lines service to communicate with non-English speaking callers.
- Take and process a high volume of customer service calls in a professional and efficient manner.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic principles and practices of effective record keeping.
- Previous experience in a call center or customer service office environment.
- Typing speed of at least 35 wpm.