Customer Service Agents needed for our government client in Glen Burnie, MD. The Customer Service Agents will assist customers with a variety of State based services. Long term contracts working full time hours day shift.
- Process title registration and tag transactions received in the mail, from motor vehicle dealers, title service representatives, and at public counters.
- Examine title and tag applications, registration transactions, bills of sale, liens, and other documents representing ownership for completeness and accuracy.
- Advise customers, either verbally or in writing, of information or procedures required before title, tag, or registration applications can be processed.
- Calculate excise tax and other cost figures from the reported sale prices of vehicles or from average retail sale values.
- Compute fees for trucks, trailers, and other non-passenger vehicles based on vehicle weight and chart figures.
- Collect and account for all fees and taxes applicable to title examination, registration, and license issuance.
- Operate a camera, video display terminal, printer, typewriter, data entry equipment, laminating machine, automated processing equipment and remittance processor.
- Verify the eligibility status of individual’s driving records and insurance coverage prior to license issuance or renewal.
- Inspect proof of age and identifies documents for validity and acceptability.
- Test applicants for vision qualification and knowledge of driving laws.
- Settle title transfer cases due to death of an original owner.
- Prepare explanatory correspondence and forms.
- Post Administrative Hearing Disposition cases in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review decisions to ensure compliance and maintain cases.
- Analyze licensing and other documents and take remedial action if necessary, evaluate and perform real-time transactions, handle customer complaints and inquiries, support branch office personnel, gather statistical data, perform quality control reviews of licensing documents.
- Conduct Insurance Compliance case reviews at public counters or via telephone by calculating uninsured motorist penalty fees, dealing with irate customers, and reviewing and checking documents sent via mail, and other related duties.
- Receive, record and report returned tags and stickers.
- Receive and process Change of Name Forms, process and report Mail in Renewal Applications.
- High School Diploma.
- One year of customer service work experience in a office environment.
- Ability to operate automated office equipment such as data entry systems, personal computers, facsimile machines and copiers.
- Ability to promptly make computations inclusive of fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to account for and report fee and tax based collections.