Customer Service Agent needed for our government client in Glen Burnie. Customer Service Agent will be issuing driver’s license, renewals and title work. 2 year contract.
- Process title registration and tag transactions received in the mail, from motor vehicle dealers, title service representatives, and at public counters.
- Examine title and tag applications, registration transactions, bills of sale, liens, and other documents representing ownership for completeness and accuracy.
- Advises customers, either verbally or in writing, of information or procedures required before title, tag, or registration applications can be processed.
- Calculate excise tax and other cost figures from the reported sale prices of vehicles or from average retail sale values stated in the National Automobile Dealers Association handbook.
- Compute fees for trucks, trailers, and other non-passenger vehicles based on vehicle weight and chart figures.
- Collect and account for all fees and taxes applicable to title examination, registration, and license issuance.
- Operate a camera, video display terminal, printer, typewriter, data entry equipment, laminating machine, automated processing equipment 1 and remittance processor.
- Verify the eligibility status of individual’s driving records and insurance coverage prior to license issuance or renewal.
- Inspects proof of age and identifies documents for validity and acceptability.
- Test applications for vision qualification and knowledge of driving laws.
- Knowledge of English, spelling, punctuation, grammar and basic mathematics.
- Ability to operate modern automated office equipment such as data entry systems, personal computers, facsimile machines and copiers.
- Ability to promptly make computations inclusive of fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to account for and report fees and tax based collections.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate and relay operations, service and/or regulatory Information accurately to the customer public.
- Ability to address customer complaints or special issues and resolve frequently encountered problems.
- Ability to receive cross training and retain knowledge of the operations, policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to shift from one section to another with limited difficulty once training is obtained.