Administrative Assistant I needed for our government client needed in Baltimore, MD. The Assistant will provide phone and clerical support. Contract position for 2 years.
- Screen department calls and visitors who are obtaining or reporting information and directing them to the appropriate person/location.
- Summarize data into concise form and report the the Department Manager.
- Types manuscripts, correspondence, statements, tables and forms from corrected copy, rough draft or oral detailed instructions.
- Maintains important and confidential records for the department to include work schedules and expense accounts.
- Opens, sorts and reads incoming mail.
- Proofreads letter in preparation for the Manager’s signature.
- Records expense account information for tracking purposes.
- Makes badges for visitors.
- High School Diploma.
- At least 2 year of administrative experience.
- Typing speed of at least 45 wpm.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Good communication skills.