Accounting Associate needed for our education client in Baltimore City. Accounting Associate will support the accounts payable function. Contract to hire position.
- Prepares checks, obtaining support documentation with appropriate approvals, and the processing of the necessary documents for GAD. Responsible for maintaining the check register and monitoring the checking account balance.
- Payment processing of all aspects of travel including registration, lodging, and transportation (air/train/other). Reviews all travel documentation to ensure compliance with CSU, USM and State travel policies. Also processes all credit card authorizations and corresponds with hotel and conference coordinators to confirm receipt of payment and obtain travel related documentation.
- Analyzes and audits credit card statements for each department. Maintains a monthly log of each bank statement submitted and communicates with cardholders of any purchasing violations, discrepancies and other issues.
- Serves in a supporting role to the Accounts Payable department by providing customer service to internal and external vendors/customers.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- Accounts payable and bank reconciliation experience.
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Quickbooks experience beneficial.