Accounting Assistants needed for our government client in downtown Baltimore. The Accounting Assistants will work under the guidance and support of the Accounting Services Division to provide customer service, document processing, examination and verification to customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews routine, complex and unusual documents to verify accounting data and mathematical accuracy. Determines necessary accounting transactions, enters or imports data into an automated accounting system, compares transactions entered to those intended, and corrects erroneous entries.
- Researches and identifies the proper action for accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations, guidelines, and financial reporting. Performs and or monitors these actions to ensure compliance.
- Provides customer service to numerous callers daily. This includes providing a status of payable and receivable transactions to customer agencies and their vendors.
- Researches and takes corrective actions as needed. Applicable solutions may be routine or highly complex.
- Uses the full functionality of person computers and applicable software including Windows and spreadsheets packages. This also includes the ability to generate reports maintained on mainframes, personal computers, or client servers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Position requires hand eye coordination and manual dexterity to meet account baselines.
- Ability to prioritize, follow timelines and department performance standards.