Accountants needed for our government client in Downtown Baltimore. Contract to hire positions. The Accountants will be compiling financial reports. A Bachelor’s Degree or Accounting coursework may be substituted for experience.
- Process direct deposits, track bad checks, cash receipts, deductions, gross to net controls and banking.
- Allocate costs to a variety of accounts.
- Examines records and accounts for compliance.
- May perform calculations of wages to determine garnishments, federal and state taxes, liens, child support, union dues and health benefits.
- Contacts vendors, departmental personnel and grant recipients and others to obtain and provide information to resolve disagreements.
- Reconciles and maintains payroll files, records, ledgers and generals.
- High School diploma and at least a year of bookkeeping including payroll, mathematical calculation and data analysis experience.
- Two years of college taking accounting courses or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting may be substituted for experience.
- Proficient Excel skills.