Procurement Administrator I needed for our government client in Downtown Baltimore. The Procurement Administrator will provide guidance and direction to procurement staff statewide in the procurement process for commodities, facilities maintenance and other needs and to serve as the Procurement Officer or Agency Buyer. Two year contract position.
- Consult with user agencies and contractors to facilitate the processing of solicitations and contracts in an efficient manner.
- Participate in pre-bid meeting conferences to review specifications with attending contractors and agency officials.
- Responsible for bid opening and reviews and evaluates the bid tabulation.
- Provide accurate and detailed analysis of bids received to determine the responsiveness and responsibility of bidders.
- Review and recommend modifications to specifications from agencies.
- Creates maintenance and/or commodities contracts, maintenance and/or commodities contract renewals and maintenance and/or commodities contract modification award documents for approval.
- Responds to questions from contractors, State agencies and the public.
- Makes required determinations and completes award of procurement contracts.
- Resolves protests and disputes between agencies, DGS and contractors.
- Maintain current and working knowledge of procurement laws, codes, policies, procedures and objectives. Determine proper resolution within established guidelines and regulations.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three or more years of professional contract management or procurement experience involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with Federal and State procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.