Executive Assistant needed for our government client in Downtown Baltimore. The Executive Assistant will provide communications on behalf of the Director.
- Composes correspondence for the supervisor’s signature, entailing a wide knowledge of the department’s
- programs, procedures, functions, and policies.
- Reviews correspondence prepared for the supervisor’s signature noting format, grammar and completeness.
- Reads reports and summarizes information to facilitate review by the supervisor.
- Exercises independent decision making authority within designated limits.
- Maintains confidential correspondence files and other files as needed.
- Obtains pertinent material from the files and other sources and puts it into usable form for the review and
- use of the supervisor.
- Prepares expense accounts and routes flow of material for this individual while he/she is out of the office.
- Types manuscripts, correspondence, statements, tables and forms from corrected copy, rough draft or oral
- Types and formats materials using word processing or other software on the personal computer.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets.
- Analyzes unit operating practices, such as record keeping systems, forms control and design, office layout,
- personnel requirements and performance standards with a view toward establishing or revising existing
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of operating records and reports.
- 4+ years of Mid to Executive Level Administrative experience.
- Excellent business English, spelling, punctuation, grammar and mathematic skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of office management and supervision.
- Proficient Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlooks skills.
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of standard record maintenance procedures.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to apply departmental policy to daily work problems.
- Ability to compose effective correspondence on routine and non-routine matters following general instructions without review.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy and tact in receiving callers, in giving and obtaining information, and in the disposition of problems.
- Ability to prepare accurate reports from various statistical or accounting information;
- Ability to work independently on complex and confidential secretarial tasks or routine administrative tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, associates and the general public.
- Ability to orient and train other clerical employees and interpret and explain complex agency policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.