Administrative Assistants needed for our government client in Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Anne Arundel County. The Assistants will provide direct administrative support to Department Head or Executive Manager. Long term contract period up to 24 months.
- Employees screen visitors who are obtaining or reporting information.
- Compose a variety of correspondence for the supervisor’s signature, summarize data into concise form, and establish office procedures. Employees may supervise lower level support staff.
- Interprets administrative decisions and policies and transmits orders and instructions with the authority of the supervisor.
- Screens calls and visitors, handles queries, arranges for appointments and interviews.
- Acts as intermediary for the supervisor by maintaining contact with public and private executives, professional staff and other officials.
- Composes correspondence for the supervisor’s signature, entailing a wide knowledge of the department’s programs, procedures, functions, and policies.
- Reviews correspondence prepared for the supervisor’s signature noting format, grammar and completeness.
- Reads reports and summarizes information to facilitate review by the supervisor.
- Exercises independent decision making authority within designated limits.
- Maintains confidential correspondence files and other files as needed.
- Obtains pertinent material from the files and other sources and puts it into usable form for the review and use of the supervisor.
- Prepares expense accounts and routes flow of material for this individual while he/she is out of the office.
- Types manuscripts, correspondence, statements, tables and forms from corrected copy, rough draft or oral instructions.
- Types and formats materials using word processing or other software on the personal computer.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets.
- Analyzes unit operating practices, such as record keeping systems, forms control and design, office layout, personnel requirements and performance standards with a view toward establishing or revising existing procedures.
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of operating records and reports.