Systems Engineer needed for our government client in Baltimore City. The Engineer will be responsible for managing the plan, design and implementation of customer funded enterprise infrastructure and/or data center services. These services could include telecommunications, data network, e-mail, file and print, directory, security; and PC and server operating systems and hardware. Contract to hire position. Free parking is available.
- Designs and implements system requirements for customers and analyzes existing systems.
- Configures telephone systems, switches, routers and servers.
- Supporting server hardware and software.
- Manage Active Directory users and computers, groups, permissions and GPO.
- Workstation and peripheral support.
- Work closely with vendors other departments and IT staff. Rotational On-Call to provide 24×7 support.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience with Active Directory, Apache, Security+ GIAC Security Essentials, AntiVirius, Syslog, Patch Management and Vulnerability Scanning.
- MCSA/MCSE certification required.
- Scripting to automate routine tasks on both Windows and Linux systems.
- Experience with working in PCI DSS and SSAE16 compliant environment.
- In-depth knowledge of networking concepts.